Grace's Sectional Page 2013

Absentee Ballots Now Available For Garfield County Residents

  Voters in Garfield County who want to have absentee ballots mailed to them for the November 2, 2010 General Election should apply now.  Although the County Election Board can accept applications for absentee ballots until 5 p.m. on October 27, County Election Board Secretary Lue Ann Root urged voters who want to vote by absentee ballot to apply early.


  Absentee ballot application forms are available at the County Election Board office located at 903 Failing Ave, Enid, OK 73701.  The absentee ballot application forms also can be downloaded and printed from the Internet at

  “At least two mail transactions must be made,” Root said.  “The County Election Board must mail the ballots to the voter and the voter must return the voted ballots by mail.”  Ballots must be in the hands of the County Election Board by 7 p.m. on election day in order to be counted.

  Root said that any registered voter may vote by absentee ballot in any election in which he or she is eligible to vote.  However, a voter must be registered and reside at an address within the geographical boundaries of a school district or a municipality to be eligible to vote in school district or municipal elections.  It is not necessary to give a reason, or excuse, for voting absentee.

  “While anyone can vote absentee without giving a reason, the law still provides several excuses, and it is to the advantage of some voters to use one of them,” Root said.  By stating one of the following reasons on their applications, these voters can activate some special conditions that make it easier for them to use absentee ballots.  The reasons are:

-         Voters who are physically incapacitated and voters who care for physically incapacitated persons who cannot be left unattended may vote absentee.  They may apply only by mail, by fax, or by telegraph.

-         Military personnel and residents of the county living overseas and the spouses and dependents of each group are eligible to vote absentee without being registered.  These voters may apply only by mail or by fax.  Military personnel should contact the Voting Service Officers in their units for application forms and additional information.  Residents of Oklahoma living overseas can obtain the same materials from any United States military installation and from United States Embassies and Consulates.  Military personnel and overseas citizens also can download and print the appropriate application form from the Internet at

March 5, 2015


The Big Two!

Facebook and Twitter are the most popular social networks on the planet. Undoubtedly, you use these services or have heard of them.

Do you use Facebook and / or Twitter?




Clear, 42º


Mostly Sunny, 59º


Tile Ads